If you have a garden, you already know that you have to spend a lot of time taking care of it. However, for most of the gardeners, the time spent in making their garden more beautiful is really worth gold. Still, most of us do not have a lot of free time and if we do, we are not likely to spend it gardening.
In this article you will learn 5 tips to make gardening easier, but this do not means that you will let your garden take care on its own.
With those tips you will reduce the amount of work that you had to do in your garden and you will have more free time to enjoy it.
- The first thing that you have to do is to feed the soil. I am pretty sure that you had already herd that million times, but this is one of the most important things to consider when taking care of your garden. When you manage to make the soil richer, you will have healthier plants that will require less water and also attract fewer insects. To start with you have to analyze the existing soil. There are many labs where you can send a sample of it, so spend some time and find them. To supply more nutrients to the soil, it is a good idea to use organic fertilizers, which are slowly released in it.
- Group all the plants in your garden according to their needs. For example, there are plants that love the sun and you should find more sunny location for them, but there are also plants that love the shade, so again you should find proper place for them. That way, all the plants in your garden will grow better, so you will have to work less on them.
- There are plants that require less maintenance and they are really good choice for people, who do not have a lot of free time. The good thing about those plants is that they practically take care of themselves and they are available in all the garden centers all over the world.
- It is a good idea to use raised flower beds and containers, because that way you will set the boundaries of your garden easily. Furthermore, you will have more control over the plants that grow in them. This means that you can control the soil and the exposure of the plants without a lot of efforts. In addition, that way your whole garden will be more mobile and you can easily move your garden plants when the weather is not suitable for them.
- You can use drip irrigation to water your garden. Although, it might sound really expensive, I can assure you that there are many affordable irrigation systems on the market and you will not even have to pay for installation, because you can do it on your own. Again to find the most suitable irrigation system for you, go to the local garden center.